Alaskan Halibut Wild Caught
Alaskan Halibut Fish, Blast Frozen/pack 200g – 270g
Delicate, slightly sweet flavor with firm and flaky texture.
Wild caught from Alaska is the purest, cleanest and most eco-friendly. Read here for our blog on health benefits and recent news on wild caught Halibut. The Halibut is blast frozen as soon as it is pulled from the water. The freshness, flavor, and texture are locked in allowing you to keep your seafood fresh for many months.
Anything blast frozen maintains the quality of the fish, once it has been pulled from the water. Our Alaskan fish are void of any secondary processing.
Halibut is an excellent source of selenium, a trace mineral with many health benefits that your body needs in small amounts.
A cooked half-filet (160 grams) of halibut, which is the recommended serving size, provides over 100% of your daily dietary needs (1).
Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that helps your body repair damaged cells and can decrease inflammation. It also plays an important role in thyroid health.
In addition, halibut is a good source of a variety of other micronutrients that contribute to good health, including (1):
- Niacin: Niacin plays a positive role in heart health and even helps prevent heart disease. It can also protect your skin from sun damage. A half-filet (160 grams) of halibut provides 57% of your dietary needs.
- Phosphorus: The second most abundant mineral in your body, phosphorus helps build bones, regulates metabolism, maintains a regular heartbeat and more. A serving of halibut provides 45% of your dietary needs.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is required for more than 600 reactions in your body, including protein formation, muscle movements and energy creation. A serving of halibut provides 42% of your dietary needs.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 plays an essential role in red blood cell formation and proper nervous system function. It’s found naturally in animal foods. A half-filet (160 grams) of halibut provides 36% of your dietary needs.
- Vitamin B6: Also known as pyridoxine, vitamin B6 is involved in over 100 reactions in your body. It’s beneficial to the central nervous system and may boost brain function. Halibut provides 32% of your dietary needs.
Keep Frozen until consumption
For more benefits of eating Halibut click here