Chilled Angus Beef Diced
500g/pack of New Zealand’s Angus Beef Diced
Celebrating 40 years of farming, Wilkins Farming Co continues to provide exceptional delivery through the combination of best in class genetics, lush pastures, leading edge technology, and hand selection of their products.
Carefully hand selected premium black Angus to ensure optimum quality, enjoy 100% grass fed beef that is packed with nutrients, fine textured, flavorsome and lusciously tender.
Their diced Angus Beef is individually selected to ensure maximum flavor traits that deliver consistent premium tenderness and taste in every bite. It is naturally rich in protein and full of essential vitamins and minerals.
Recipe: Stew Beef and Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into approx. 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups thinly sliced or diced onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper thinly sliced or diced (about 1 large pepper)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced/grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cups cooked rice
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add beef. Lightly brown beef chunks on all sides. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beef stock and bay leaf; bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 1/2-2 hours. Remove a portion of the beef; shred apart then return to stew. (A potato masher could also be used to mash the meat apart while in the pot.)
- Add cold water to a small measuring cup or mixing bowl. Whisk in cornstarch until thoroughly blended. Slowly stream cornstarch mixture into stew, stirring until combined. Simmer for another 15 minutes. Stew will thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm over cooked rice.