Pure Himalayan Rock Salt
Table salt is composed of 97.5% sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals like iodine and absorbents, and sugar. Common salt is dried at extremely high temperature, a process which takes away many of the natural chemical structures. There is the Anti-caking agent that prevents salt from sticking together.
Himalayan salt is about 96% sodium chloride but has more trace minerals, 84 in all.
The pink color is due to the presence of iron oxide. Some claims of benefits of Himalayan Rock Salt are:
- Control blood sugar
- Digest food – chloride helps with hydrochloric acid
- Hormonal especially adrenal health
- Keep respiratory health
- Helps prevent muscle cramps
- Helps bone health
- Helps you regulate water content and pH in your body
- Helps regulate your blood pressure along with water