Live Tiger Prawn
Live Tiger Prawn
Say “I love you mum” and wow mum with your hidden cooking talents this Mother’s Day. Get your hands on our fresh large ocean-caught tiger prawns now! Prawns are one of the easiest ingredients to work with and packed with flavour and nutrients, along with hundreds of recipes to choose from you’ll never run out of cooking ideas.
Eating prawns regularly will provide the following nutritional benefits:
- Eating prawns provides a complete protein, which means it includes all nine amino acids in the right proportion for the body to function properly. In fact, 100 grams of prawns contains about 25 grams of protein, approximately the same as a similar amount of chicken or beef.
- Prawns are extremely low in calories. The same 100 grams of prawns contains only about 115 calories. Chicken contains about twice as much and beef three times as much.
- While prawns contain higher than average amounts of cholesterol, they do not lead to higher cholesterol levels in the body due to their healthy fat profile. This is because they contain almost three times more Omega 3 Fatty Acid than they do Omega 6 Fatty Acid. Studies have shown that foods with high amounts of Omega 3 are associated with reduced risk of heart attacks and lower blood pressure. In fact, the cholesterol contained in prawns is vital for a healthy diet.
- Prawns are a great source of Vitamins B-6, B-12 and Niacin, which help the body produce energy, build muscle and replenish red blood cells.
- Prawns contain significant amounts of iron, a mineral that is essential for the body to effectively distribute oxygen. And because it is in only a few types of food, iron deficiencies that cause severe exhaustion are surprisingly widespread, especially for women.
- Prawns are a rich source of selenium, one of the most effective antioxidants at maintaining healthy cells. They also contain high levels of Zinc, which is important to develop a healthy immune system
- Eating prawns helps build strong bones because they contain phosphorous, copper and magnesium.
Other Product Suggestions : Wild Caught Sea Tiger Prawn Frz or Spot Prawns – Wild from Alaska
Out of stock