Organic Quinoa & Amaranth Medley
Organic Certifications: USDA, EU, JAS
- Certified Organic
- Low GI
Nature’s Superfoods’ Andean Grains Medley is made up of the protein-rich whole grains of Quinoa and Amaranth seeds. An ideal low-GI rice-replacement food.
QUINOA: A high-protein, high-fiber whole grain that contains all 9 essential amino acids (including lysine), B vitamins, folate, calcium, magnesium, a diverse array of antioxidants, and many more nutrients; known for its high amount of superior protein (12-18%), which is higher than all other grains (50% more than wheat).
AMARANTH: A cousin of Quinoa. Rich in calcium and magnesium, complemented by the presence of essential amino acid lysine, and squalene – an Omega 2 fatty acid that supports the immune system and is also known to help maintain skin moisture and elasticity, high in iron (twice that of quinoa) and zinc. Amaranth adds a nice texture and flavor when cooked together with Quinoa.
INGREDIENTS: White Quinoa Seeds, Red Quinoa Seeds, Black Quinoa Seeds, Amaranth Seeds (Prewashed, Saponin free)
- Weight control
- Promotes heart health
- Helps improve anemia (Amaranth has twice more iron than Quinoa)
- Improves digestion health
- Support healthy weight loss/heal build lean muscle
- Keeps you full longer
How To Consume:
1) Using Sauce Pan: Place 1 part grains and 2 parts water (or chicken/vegetable stock) in a sauce pan, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cook for 15-20 minutes until the quinoa seeds are translucent, plump and the external germ (‘white spiral tail’) is visible.
2) Using Rice Cooker: Our Quinoa & Amaranth mix cooks like rice and can also be cooked in a rice cooker (1 cup grains with 2 cups of water/stock).
Other product suggestion: Organic Black Chia Seeds