Organic Red Quinoa Seeds
Organic Certifications: USDA, EU, JAS
- Certified organic
- Low GI
- Pre-washed, saponin free
Nature’s Superfoods’ Organic Red Quinoa (pronounced ‘Keen-wah) is a protein-rich wholegrain that is widely termed as the “mother of all grains” because it is one of the most complete natural food available containing amino acids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. An ideal low-GI rice-replacement food.
QUINOA: A high-protein, high-fiber whole grain that contains all 9 essential amino acids (including lysine), B vitamins, folate, calcium, magnesium, a diverse array of antioxidants and many more nutrients; known for its high amount of superior protein (12-18%), which is higher than all other grains (50% more than wheat).
The unique red color is due to the presence of anthocyanins that prevent UV damage and oxidation of the Quinoa plant. Anthocyanins are powerful antioxidants known to protect the body against free radicals, chronic diseases, heart disease, cancer, diabetes etc. Our organic red Quinoa seeds have a mild flavor and crisp texture, making it extremely versatile with or in any dish.
Botanical Name: Chenopodium quinoa
INGREDIENTS: 100% Organic Red Quinoa Seeds (pre-washed)
- Weight control
- Promotes heart health
- Improves digestive health
- Support healthy weight loss
- Heals & builds lean muscle
How To Use:
1) Using a saucepan: Place 1 part Quinoa and 2 parts water (or chicken/vegetable stock) in a sauce pan, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cook for 15-20 minutes until the quinoa is translucent, plump and the external germ (‘white spiral tail’) is visible.
2) Using a rice cooker: Quinoa cooks like rice and can also be cooked in a rice cooker (1 cup Quinoa with 2 cups of water/ stock).
Note: Cooked Red Quinoa is slightly crunchier in texture than cooked White Quinoa. These red beauties are great in salads.
Other product Suggestion: Organic Tricolor Quinoa Seeds
$9.50 – $17.90