Reginette (Italian for little queens), is a type of ribbon-shaped pasta. It is flat and wide, usually about 1 cm (½ inch) in width, with wavy edges on both sides. It is prepared similarly to other ribbon-based pasta such as linguine and fettuccine. It is usually served with a more delicate sauce.
Our Reginette is FRESH, handmade daily using a variety of semolina and “00” flours combined with whole egg, egg yolks, and water or a varying combination of these ingredients depending on the required texture, bite, and intended use of the pasta, providing a different eating experience with every dish.
Best served with Beef Ragu.
Cook fresh at the comforts of your home with equally fresh sauce options:
San Marzano tomato & basil, 24-hour beef ragu, Pesto ‘Genovese’
- 400 g Reginette/Mafaldine pasta (14oz)
- 1 eggplant (1 large or 2 small )
- 250-300 g swordfish steaks (10oz) fresh is better than frozen but you can use both
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 200 g datterini or ripe cherry tomatoes . (7oz) cut in half
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves chopped (dried mint doesn’t work well)
- ½ glass white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon for grating
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
$9.60 – $20.00