Sweet Basil – Organic
30g/pack – Sweet Basil – Organic from Singapore
In the event our organic farm is unable to supply us with the sweet basil on the day of delivery, we will offer conventional basil of the highest quality.
Sweet Basil, widely used in Italian food, has a strong clove scent because of its high concentration of eugenol, a chemical agent with anti-inflammatory properties.*
This highly fragrant leaves most commonly used as the main ingredient for pesto, goes beyond it’s delicious attribute.
Basil can help fight bacteria, viruses and chronic diseases, research suggests.*
On a slightly damp paper towel, wrap the Fresh Basil and store it in the refrigerator. If frozen, keep in airtight containers either whole or chopped.
Enjoy Sweet Basil in making pesto, tomato sauces, pizzas or infused oils. Instead of chopping, tear them instead to keep its flavors stronger.
Below is a summary of potential benefits of extracts of sweet basil, primarily based on mouse and test-tube studies. Whether the same results would occur in people is uncertain.
Preliminary studies suggest sweet basil may:
- Reduce memory loss associated with stress and aging.
- Reduce depression related to chronic stress.
- Reduce stroke damage and support recovery, whether given before or right after a stroke.
- Improve fasting blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Reduce blood pressure in people with hypertension.
- Relax blood vessels and thin your blood, similar to aspirin.
- Protect against aspirin’s damage to your gut, particularly preventing ulcers.
- Prevent certain cancers, including of the breast, colon and pancreas.
- Increase mental alertness when inhaled as aromatherapy.
- Inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause dental decay.
- Improve food safety, such as if integrated into food packaging by manufacturers.
- Provide an alternative to antibiotics for infectious diseases, including combating antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria.
- Repel insects, such as mosquitos and ticks.
|Serving Size||100 g|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1 %|
|Sodium 4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.7g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Protein 3.2g||6 %|
|Daily values are based on 2000 calorie diet.|