Our Tagliolini is FRESH, handmade daily using a variety of semolina and “00” flours combined with whole egg, egg yolks, and water or a varying combination of these ingredients depending on the required texture, bite, and intended use of the pasta, providing a different eating experience with every dish.
Best served with ricotta, San Marzano tomato, basil.
Cook fresh at the comforts of your home with equally fresh sauce options:
San Marzano tomato & basil, 24-hour beef ragu, Pesto ‘Genovese’
- 400 g fresh tagliolini pasta (14oz) you can also use other long pasta
- 2 celery stalks
- 2-3 zucchini depending on size
- 3-4 carrots depending on size
- 2 red bell peppers
- 15 cherry tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh basil washed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 500 ml beef/vegetable broth (16floz) or a stock cube. Can be vegetable stock for vegetarians
- extra virgin olive oil as required
- salt for pasta and to taste (don’t add salt to pasta water if using stock cube)
- black pepper to taste
Wash all the vegetables and then cut into cubes.
Put them into a bowl with the extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic cloves, chopped basil, the juice from 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper. (Use enough olive oil to coat the veg like in a salad)
Mix well, cover with cling film and marinate for an hour.
Bring a pot of water with with beef broth to boil for the pasta (I used half water and half homemade broth) But, if using,a stock cube add to the pasta water. (You don’t need salt if you use a stock cube)
Cook the tagliolini al dente according to the instructions on the packet in the broth and drain. (Fresh pasta takes about 5 minutes)
Add the drained pasta to the bowl with the marinated vegetables. Then add a little more olive oil and mix together well.
Add salt and pepper to taste if required. Sprinkle with Parmesan flakes and serve immediately. This dish should be tepid.
$12.00 – $25.00